Published: 26/02/2021 · Last Updated: 26/02/2021
ALL bulletin – February 2021
Version 3 of the Advanced Learner Loans funding and performance management rules 2020 to 2021
This updated document sets out version 3 of the Advanced Learner Loans funding and performance management rules for AY 2020/21. You can access the document on GOV.UK.
The addition of the 'National Skills Fund Level 3 Adult Offer' (page 9, paragraphs 20 to 27). Please also note the 'Summary of main changes since funding rules 2020 to 2021' which includes the main changes since the 2020 to 2021 version 2.
It is important that you fully engage with learners in advance to discuss their options. This especially applies to any pre-April starts.
We're updating the LP Services website
We are currently working to update the LP Services website. The updated site will have enhanced accessibility features and a more streamlined navigation structure. It will still include all the guidance that you are used to seeing and its url will remain the same.
We expect the updated version of the site to go live in March. We'll be in touch again to let you know when we are about to launch it.
Targeted bulk erasure of data under our GDPR programme
As part of our GDPR programme, we are deleting some information from our systems that we no longer have a reason to keep.
This includes deleting applications and customer information where:
- no payment has ever been made, and
- agreed retention triggers and periods have passed
- The exercise will review data for all academic years. The normal retention periods are:
- 6 months from the course end date for applications that have never been approved or marked ineligible
- 12 months from the course end date for applications that have been marked ineligible
- 12 months from the course end date for approved applications where no payment has ever been made
Once the retention period is over, you will see these applications removed from the system. You should prioritise chasing learners with applications approaching these timescales. Learners can track the progress of their applications online.